Contributed by Hazel Luo on Ninja's Recipe Sharing Group
"I baked a wholemeal loaf in the Ninja Foodie! I usually bake bread in my oven, and this is the first time I tried using Foodie to bake bread. I’m delighted to see that it browns more evenly than when I baked the same loaf in my oven! The crumbs are really soft!"
- 185g milk
- 25g wholemeal flour
- 250g bread flour
- 15g sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 30g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- In a mixing bowl, add in all the ingredients except butter. Attach the K-beater on the electric mixer and knead for about 8-10min.
- Add in butter and continue to knead for another 10-15 min until window pane stage.
- Roll the dough into a ball and place in the bowl. Cover with climb wrap or a damp towel. Proof for about 1 hour or till it doubles in size.
- Punch down dough gently to release the air and roll out to a rectangular shape.
- Roll up like a Swiss roll. Place in a greased Pullman tin. Slide the lid over and proof for another 45-50 min until dough reaches the top of the tin or double in size. Do grease the lid too.
- Use the Bake function, preheat Ninja Foodi at 160 °C for 5 minutes. Place a piece of baking paper in the base of the pot, then place the Pullman tin in the pot.
- Bake for 35-40min.
- Remove from pot and gently remove loaf from the Pullman tin. Let the loaf cool down first before slicing. Enjoy!
Images by Hazel Luo