Panna Cotta Tart with Custard and Jelly by Jacelyn Chay
Originally posted on our recipe-sharing Facebook Group, Ninja Kitchen's Chefs
Note from Jacelyn: This tart takes a bit of work, but it's super yummy and totally worth the effort!
♡ 188g plain flour
♡ 37g sugar
♡ 1/4 tsp salt
♡ 90g cold butter, cubed
♡ 45ml cold water
♡ 250ml soy milk (sugarless)
♡ 40ml maple syrup
♡ 1 tsp vanilla extract
♡ 1 tsp agar powder
♡ 125 ml pomegranate juice
♡ 1/2 tsp agar powder
1. Whisk flour, sugar and salt together.
2. Add cubed cold butter and cold water. Knead with fingers until dough is formed. Transfer the dough to a work surface and continue to knead until a smooth dough is formed. Cling wrap the dough and chill for 30mins.
3. After chilling, roll the dough between 2 baking papers to a size a little bigger than your pan. Using the baking paper, leave the dough into the pan. Press the bottom and sides firmly and evenly to the pan. Cling wrap the pie crust and chill for another 30 mins.
4. Preheat Foodi at 180 degrees for 5 mins.
5. Use a fork and prick the bottom of the tart base. Line it with baking paper and pour pie weights on it.
6. Bake for 15 mins. Remove pie weight and bake for another 10 mins. Let the crust cool before adding the filling.
1. Boil 125ml of soy milk with agar powder for a min.
2. Remove from heat and whisk in maple syrup, vanilla extract and remaining soy milk. Pour it into the pie crust.
3. Chill for 1 hr until the filling has set.
1. Boil juice and agar powder for a min.
2. Allow to cool slightly before pouring over the panna cotta layer.
3. Place tart to chill in fridge for 1 hr.
4. Garnish with fruits and berries.
Images and recipe by Jacelyn Chay