Contributed by Patsy Toolseram on Ninja's Recipe Sharing Group.
- 1 large sweet yellow onion
- Seasoned flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp milk
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Peel the onion, then cut away the root end but not too deep.
- Then cut the stem end about 1 cm, flat.
- Let the onion stand on this end, root end facing up.
- Cut from about 1/2cm from root end downward all the way.
- Continue to make more cuts till you get 4 quarters.
- Then make cuts in middle of each quarters.
- Continue till you get 16 sections.
- Dust the onion with seasoned flour.
- Make sure all the surfaces of the layers are lightly coated, then shake off excess flour.
- Beat the egg, milk, salt and black pepper together. Pour this mixture over the onion, coat well.
- Sprinkle seasoned flour. Again, make sure all the layers are coated evenly. Shake off excess flour once more.
- Set Ninja Foodi on Air Crisp (Air Frying function) 180C for 20 mins
- After 5 mins, put the onion in the preheated crisp basket. Spray or drizzle some oil on the onion.
- Check after five minutes of air crisp and if needed, spray more oil.
- Air crisp till golden brown
- Serve on its own or with a dip of choice like sour cream!
Note from Patsy:
You need to check on the onion regularly as it might get burned easily. For variations you can season flour with garlic powder, parmesan, paprika, curry powder.
Images by Patsy Toolseram